LWMViewer download page
|mfc71.zip||(681K) - you may need these Microsoft DLLs|
|Viewer source||only the drawing / file interpreting parts.|
|Version 2||Currently in beta, this version works in 3D.|
||Like it? LWMViewer is free and always will be. However, if you do get hit by a sudden fit of generosity, click on the button.
Thanks to Peter Dowson for the freeware key for FSUIPC.
Both V1 and V2 of LWMViewer are free, with no adverts or other strings attached. They may be used for any type of project, including commercial. They may not be redistributed without permission.
- Display and edit of waterclass
- Show correctly merged land/waterclass over multiple files (honour the 'undefined' value 254)
25-October-2004 - Version 1.4b
- The 'File' display at the bottom of the window now shows the name of the FS default file that would correspond to the location of the pointer, even if it's not loaded.
- Cleared some small memory leaks.
- ICAO Code for nav features is now correctly decoded
- Fixed a crash with a few AP* files
- Landclass editing added!
- New dialog for displaying file information
- Windows now remember their positions and state
- F5 redraws the display at the same position (refresh)
- Can now close single files
- Drawing more efficient (== faster)
- Scroll the display by holding the middle mouse button and dragging
- Geographic co-ordinates added to source exports
- Fixed and added new information to the text file accompanying bitmap exports
14-June-2004 - Version 1.3
- Added load and display of VOR/NDB navaids. This is based on the work by Winfried Orthmann, used with his kind permission.
- Added a popup-menu to allow fast repositioning of the plane, course settings, navaid radio tuning and loading.
- Added an "Indiana Jones"-style course display which shows your track for the last 90 minutes. Why? 'Cos!
- Follow mode is much more efficient. Instead of redrawing the entire display every five seconds, it just repositions the plane. The display is fully redrawn when the plane approaches the edge.
- Export functions for Source and Bitmap have been merged. This means you can specify cell boundaries when exporting source files.
- Files can now be disassembled from the command line. Add the '/d' flag e.g.
lwmviewer /d my_area.bgl . This will still open the window (sorry, this is needed) but will close automatically. VTP and LWM drawing are switched on automatically, and reset to the previous values afterwards. The name of the first input file is used as the basename for all disassembled files.
- Fixed a bug which has been in there right from the start - index entry offsets were ignored for both LWM and VTP files! Fortunately, index entries are usually placed right after the index headers but there's no requirement for this.
- Anything they can do... :) Added ability to display points of lines/polys.
- The "Load matching files" dialog is no longer displayed (yay!) Use the 'Load this area' item on the pop-up menu instead - it's less annoying :)
- Fixed a memory loss on close, if Follow mode was enabled
- Added area information for the start of each line/poly to the VTP source export
- Loading a folder will load all BGL files in it and it's sub-folders. Dropping "Flight Simulator 9\Scenery" on the window is possible but probably isn't a good idea!
- Added a new distinction for water - mesh-cling water is now shown in a lighter blue.
- Added display of numeric landclass values
- Made it nag less when using FS2002 or older
- LWM height display should now not depend on a desktop display depth of 16-bit or higher
- Fixed a small memory leak in the LWM height code
- "Load matching files?" dialog is becoming a bit of a pain...
- Landclass data will now render without lightsourcing the underlying terrain
- Fixed a half-area offset when displaying blended landclass data
- Yes, it will render the entire planet! (Just don't expect it to be fast - takes about 35s on my Athlon 2100+)
- Added support for landclass data
- Improved memory management
- Landclass fix - can now display LC on terrain that has a lower LOD, like dem4km.bgl .
- Fixed a couple of potential crashes
- Probably introduced a couple of different potential crashes :-/
- Changed files now reloaded automatically
- Landclass drawing is slightly less glacial
- Cities now highlighted in red
- Fixed a previous problem with LWM3 for LWM2 (all LWMs were blue)
27-Jan-2004 or thereabouts
- Added support for elevation data.
- Control palette settings are stored between sessions
- Fixed a problem with V1 (CFS2) LWM areafills
- Always draw LWM cell fills, even if 'Show Terrain' is on, if there are no elevation files loaded.
- Fixed 'Adjust MS Files', which I broke yesterday :(
- Added 'Show Gridlines', separate from 'Show Outlines'
- Fixed display of flattens, which were displayed as water since the last update.
- Added Lat/Long coordinates to the source-code export as comments.
- Added more palettes for TMF rendering.
- Fixed a VTP end-of-line drawing problem. (They weren't)
- Added auto-load of terrain data.
- Non-sealevel water is now drawn in slightly different colour.
- Fixed a potential crash when displaying V1 LWMs with 'display height' switched on
- Fixed a display problem with LWM files where all polygons were displayed as water, even when they described land.
- A comma is now added between the coordinates when copying them to the clipboard, and the load by coordinates dialog box uses the current location as the default values.
- Added support for import and export of V1 (CFS2) BGLs
- Added proper support for the display of polygon strips
- Added support for (and correct disassembly of) the IndexRun parameter in LWMs
- Added a switch to toggle the correction of MS-supplied BGL files (see below). Also, I changed the method of the fix; instead of forcing 1 to 0, the area is rescaled.
- Indented the 'LOD13' checkbox to make it clear it depends on the 'Draw Outlines' setting.
- Included the latest
TDFMacros.inc in the zipfile with the kind permission of Richard Ludowise.
- Temporarily re-added
FS2K4.inc. There's a problem with one of the new macros in
TDFMacros.inc dated December 13th.
- Changed the VTP export slightly where I'd entirely misused a macro, and to make another work with TDFMacros.inc
- Fixed a problem with gridlines where the outside grid on the right and bottom was not drawn.
- Fixed a couple of problems with LWM source export
- Added VTP source-code export
- Removed the
FS2K4.inc file; with the new versions of the normal include files, it's no longer needed.
- Added a switch to enable LOD13 gridlines, if zoomed in far enough.
- Added first source-code export. Only LWMs are exported right now and it's not had extensive testing (on account of it being past my bedtime last night) but I know people are eager to see this, so I uploaded anyway.
- Added a 'load by position' dialog; instead of choosing a file on disk, you enter a set of coordinates and the appropriate files are loaded.
- Added a keyboard shortcut for 'close all'.
- Added an option to save a hi-res bitmap to disk
- ReadMe file is now HTML
- Fixed a bug with LWM displays in busy areas
- Tidied up the menus a little
- Fixed a bug with VTP displays in busy areas
- Added support for FSUIPC, FDSConnection and FSConnect